Hi Friends! Ashley here, typing from our rental in Moab. Just wanted to give a quick summer update and let you know what we’ve been up to + what we have in store for the coming weeks.
It’s hard to believe that summer is starting to wind down already, but thinking back on everything we’ve done this season, I can’t believe its only been a few months. We hope you all had a great summer, full of things you love to do…and if you haven’t done everything you wanted, you still have a month left so get to it!
We last left off in the beginning of May, when we had been in Moab for 6 weeks. Today marks 5 months since we arrived in town and we have done almost everything on our Moab bucket list, and then some!
Here’s a brief rundown on everything we manage to do this summer:
- Bought an $80 raft and then taught ourselves how to white water on the Colorado and did a bunch of river trips.
- Rock Climbed all over the area and up in La Sals.
- We started to learn how to SKYDIVE!
- Worked together all summer long
- Explored a ton of canyons
- Hiked every trail we could find
- Explored the entire mountain range of La Sals (still tons to see)
- Visited Capital Reef NP (completed mighty 5) + Grand Staircase NM
- Hiked the Confluence trail in Canyonlands
- Found a bunch of hidden petroglyph + pictograph panels
- Made lifelong friends
- Renovated the van completely
- Lived in Moab
- Roadtripped to and explored Telluride, CO
- Camped in La Sals for a week to hike and climb
- Challenged ourselves with very long, hot hikes
if you want to see pictures from our summer, check out our photo journal page that is updated with all of our summer fun, you can find that here.
Just typing that list out made me so proud that we really got after it this summer and didn’t let the heat stop us in any way. This season is one we couldn’t soon forget, it was adventure packed from start to finish, and we still have a month left to cram a few more adventures in.
Right now, we are in the process of getting ready to move out of our rental and back into the van at the end of this month. We have been donating, throwing away, organizing, packing, for the past couple of weeks and our room is essentially bare bones and ready to put into the van at this point. 12 days to go! Being in a house taught us so much about the type of life we want to live, and #vanlife is definitely it. We decided kind of last minute to redo the van’s interior completely so it was more living friendly, cleaner, and aesthetically pleasing, and it turned out SO FREAKING GOOD! We will be sharing those details and photos in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that post. If you want a sneak peak, check out our Instagram highlights here.
Fall and winter planning is under way and we are definitely headed somewhere warm…but that won’t be until after we do some major adventuring! We aren’t quite ready to announce the details like when and where just yet, but you’ll be the first to know, probably another week or two! Any guesses on where we might be spending winter?
That’s all for now, thanks for checking in and sticking with us through our summer break!
Let us know in the comments what you’ve been up to this summer! We’d love to know what everyone has been up to!